Asa Bishop Thompson, 8 lbs 3 oz, born June 22, 2006 at 11:57 a.m.

Friday, June 29, 2007

Asa's One Year Checkup

I took Asa to the doctor yesterday for his one year checkup. He is a little over 20 pounds and nearly 32 inches long, putting him in the 20th percentile for weight and the 90th for length. Oh, and his head is in the 90th percentile too. I guess if you didn't see pictures of him you might imagine he looks like a bobblehead doll. Poor guy had to get four shots and blood drawn to check for lead or something like that. Everything else checked out fine. One thing mommy wasn't doing was brushing his teeth with a real toothbrush, and our doc told us to start doing that. I was using pieces of gauze and wiping everything down. Heck, I didn't know, I'm pretty sure I read to do that somewhere. Oh well.

Also, today we have begun the battle of getting Asa to put food in his mouth by himself. I will not be posting pics of this event, because I'm hoping to erase it from my memory. What a weird kid that won't put ANYTHING in his mouth, right? Well, it's not weird anymore, it's awful. I have been putting a tray of food in front of him every 45 min. He opens his mouth like a little bird for mommy to put the food in, and when I dont? Screaming and kicking in the high chair, followed by lots more screaming. It's now been hours of intermittent screaming. The doctor said he'll eventually get hungry and start feeding himself, but how long can you do that? Any mommies out there with advice, I'd love to have it. Send to Kirk, c/o Whispering Glen Mental Institution.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Lots of hard stuff. Emily just all of a sudden one day went from wanting to be fed to wanting to only feed herself. We're going to have a hard time in the next month or so taking the bottle away and only letting Em drink milk from a cup. She just likes her bottles!

5:46 AM

 
Blogger NIKKI said...

AWW Kirk...that is rough. Mine always wanted to feed themselves, bc I was too slow feeding both of them.

I wish I had some advice...maybe try posting it on the baby blog addict forum. A ton of moms read it and might have some advice. Sending you hugs..that has to be really tough!

3:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home