Asa Bishop Thompson, 8 lbs 3 oz, born June 22, 2006 at 11:57 a.m.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Is my kid normal?

I think this is a question every parent asks. Like when all the other kids can walk. Or talk. And your kid can't yet. Or if they get lots of ear infections and it's scary. Or they won't sleep, or hate eating or refuse to get in the tub, or a myriad of other things you get paranoid about. In that realm, Asa seems fine. He's on schedule, healthy and a pretty coordinated kid. No, I ask the question, "is my kid normal?" every day while I watch him play, in hopes that the answer is undoubtebly "NO! He's not!" becuase as strange as he is, I totally get him. And he's a rock star.

Now I know you're thinking, "ohhhhh, Kirk, you're crazy!", so here is a "Candid Camera" video I took of Asa, who was supposed to be eating his dinner. (We are working on his table manners, but he's not there yet.) He was just being a weird kid as usual, and so Matt could see it, I quietly put the camera at the end of the table and walked to the other side of the kitchen and just let him go ahead and be, well, not normal. He's real into smelling things and going "blah" (like feet and armpits, and pillows, blankets, the dog, the potty, food, and well, anything else) which seems to be the core of the hilarity here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ariel said...

I think that's great he'll entertain himself - your kid's not normal, he's ideal.

12:03 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

love it!!!!

1:09 PM

 
Blogger Mrs. Kensington said...

that is definitely your son!

7:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home